Saturday, October 25, 2008

Advert Warfare

One of my nightly routines of late is watching The Daily Show on these, the intarwebz. I love being able to watch it whenever I feel like it and for the most part avoid advertisements. There are short mini commercials sprinkled about the show like evil confetti but it's still a hundredth the volume of normal television. The only problem is that for a week or month or something it's the same ad every god damned time. I've seen this Black Berry advert like five hundred times. I know the ad isn't working because it doesn't entice me to buy the product, but it is working in the war of attrition the company is waging with me. I want to buy a Black Berry just so maybe, maybe the commercial will go away. I can't take it anymore. It's the repetition you know, it breaks down your will, it makes you submit.....it breaks everyone in the end........

No comments: