Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ya Ha Deedle Deedle, Bubba Bubba Deedle Deedle Dum

If I were rich I would dress like Mark Twain, smoke cigars, drink cognac, and communicate exclusively through telegram. I dare you to impeach my brilliant understanding of the bourgeoisie.

But I'm not rich, I dress like a somewhat more refined and classy video game nerd, don't smoke at all, drink whatever comes my way and use telephone and email. I can dream though.

Today I went on a small road trip. Just sixty-some miles to Sacramento, California state capital. Three friends and I were making a pilgrimage to Guitar Center so one friend could investigate their wares. He got a check from his Grandma because his step-grandfather-whom-he-never-met died. He's gonna blow it on either a new PA or an acoustic drum set (he's got electric). While I was there I saw a hilarious notice by the drum machines and a giant stuffed Animal on the ceiling.

The trip's main source of entertainment was a small sign we were lucky enough to possess. Reactions varied amongst viewers but generally involved a honk. People of all creeds, colors, ages and genders honked in response. One vehicle we passed honked vigorously, then as they passed us several moments later we realized they had a message for us. It was obvious they knew we were just four men.

You make new friends everywhere.

No comments: