Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Thinly Veiled Excuse For A Post

I can tell you this one thing: I would always keep to the pointless and uninspired schedule I laid down if I weren't constantly assailed by opportunities for fishing, drinking, video games or other forms of awesomeness. Take yesterday for example: I was awakened with the information that one of my friends was in the driveway. I leaped out of bed, grabbed a clean shirt, did a slip shod job of tying back my hair (I'm sort of a long haired jerk) and ran out to the driveway bleary eyed and be-socked.
"You want to go fishing?"
What am I supposed to do, say no?
"Yeah, sure, I'll be right back."
I ran back inside, slammed a tall cup of coffee, used the facilities and put on shoes. Not more than five minutes after waking up I was driving down the road in a pick-up truck ready to do some fishing. It's worth noting that I'm a worthless layabout and it was around five o'clock when this took place. Don't judge me. Or do, but, do it in a comment to this post.
I caught seven fish, only two worth keeping. I began to joke about all the fish that had been within an inch of death and had been spared by the hand of God. "Those fish are going to fish church every Sunday here out, you know that." My compatriots were kind enough to tell me I was a plagiaristic hack and that I had essentially just told a Jeff Foxworthy joke. Damn you Foxworthy! Truly you are a worthy foe. Hehehe, that's kind of funny, except somebody probably already said it, because that's how it works. I had this joke about how nobody ever hears anything about the Pretty Okay Wall Of China. Turns out Demetri Martin already had a joke about the Good Wall Of China. What really burns my ass about that one is that I firmly believe my version is funnier. Oh well, I'll just let bygones be bygones, since I don't have a lawyer and they certainly do. I'm putting in research to ensure that my jokes are original from now on.
I'll try to put a comic up tomorrow, in the mean time why don't you consider leaving a comment?

No comments: